Flagship Culinary Services
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated Meyer lemon zest (from 2-3 Meyer lemons)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I like the taste that extra virgin gives the cake; if you’d like a milder taste, consider a lighter olive oil)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice (from about 4-5 Meyer lemons, but it can really depend on how juicy they are)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons Limoncello
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil a large loaf pan – approximately 8 inches by 4 inches by 4 inches.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir with a whisk until incorporated, and then fold in the oil. Stir until well-incorporated.
- Pour into the baking pan and cook for 50 minutes or until golden brown and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.